Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Thou art thy mother's glass..."

Thou art thy mother's glass, and she in thee
Calls back the lovely April of her prime;
So thou through windows of thine age shalt see,
Despite of wrinkles this thy golden time.

~William Shakespeare, from Sonnet 3

On this Mother's Day, my thoughts dwell on all the generations of mothers in my family. Some I've known in my lifetime. Yet, there are some whose names I've only recently had the privilege of learning. The inspiration of all of "my mothers" has given me strength and meaning in my own role as a mother.

On this Mother's Day, my eyes fall upon the beautiful children who are the focus of my own motherhood. My prayer is that through the gift of so many loving mothers before them, they would grow into adulthood blooming with the fragrant life that God intended them to have.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For more from Lisa, visit Smallestleaf.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails